Tales from the Saddle

Monday, June 12, 2006

Boring Baltimore Bike Jam (BBBJ)

On Saturday, May 27 I returned to the Baltimore Bike Jam. After a week seemingly spent on overdrive, I welcomed the opportunity to leave the state, even if it meant bolting after 630a crew practice and putting pedal to the metal in order to meet the 945a start time. A bolt that inevitably required us to return right back around and retrieve my wallet from my car (at least it wasn't on top of the car)! Fortunately, we made great timing and arrived without much ado.

The women's cat 3/4 field was big. The women's pro123 field was rumored at 80 riders. That's huge and with a fast course--anything was possible. I had an incredible start of the line, holding with the pack for about 2 laps, until it just split up. Soon after, a crash off of the second turn (a straight away, no less) divided up the field and left most of us to wind our away around the carnage strewn about the back stretch. I rode with a few pockets of riders, trying to close up on some riders in front.

My legs felt decent despite a week not spent doing more than chasing dogs around a back yard and a few 40 minutes runs. A pretty boring race too, as races go. I was pulled with 4 laps to go. Finished 26 out of 34.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home